Electric boiler and an unvented indirect hot water cylinder | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Electric boiler and an unvented indirect hot water cylinder in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, I have recently purchased a cottage with an LPG combi boiler (no mains gas in the area). I intend to replace this with an electric boiler and an unvented indirect hot water cylinder.
The boiler will run four radiators and the hot water cylinder. The cottage has one bedroom.
What size (kw) would I need for this system, I was thinking that a electric boiler with an output of around 6kw would be enough.
Your thoughts please.
Many thanks
David

What are the output of the 4 rads ?

If you have six radiators, you should get a 9 kW electric boiler. This rule may vary depending on how high your ceilings are, whether you have single or double glazing and how effective your insulation is.

If you go for HW priority then you'll get away with just your CH requirement. Otherwise you'll have to add a few kW for hot water.

Similar plumbing topics

Is it worth replacing a Potterton gold 9kw...
Replies
Views
Do I switch off Electric Hot Heater Cylinder...
Replies
Views
PH is 7.5. Chloride is 194. The last water...
Replies
Views
It doesn't have a thermostat and the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Back