electric boiler virgin | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss electric boiler virgin in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLOD

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just got a job fitting an Amptec electric flow boiler, I've seen quite a few but never fitted one before - this one is to go on a 1 pipe system.
I can't see there being a problem but as it's a step into the unknown for me any advice is welcome

standard stuff really, you shouldn't have any problems, just remember that you must use compression fittings when connecting to the Amptec boiler.

standard stuff really, you shouldn't have any problems, just remember that you must use compression fittings when connecting to the Amptec boiler.

Ive never seen one fitted with compression fittings ! I believe you. Is that in manufacturing instructions ?

Not strange at all. Surely it's the norm to use compression fittings on most boilers to enable future meintenance.

You reckon? Always sweated joints onto tails. Seen too many corroded compressions below boilers.

I can see your point about maintenance but it seems strange to me that the mi's of the electric boiler insist on it when at the end of the day it should be the installers choice which 'approved' jointing method is employed.

I was wondering if it was something specific to electric boilers? But i can't think why that would be...

I assumed also it was to protect the internals. There is two in the local college both soldered

I dont use mapp unless its in with the deliveries when im onsite ! Then i steal it all ! Muhahahha

If they have a warranty call they want to be able to whip the whole unit off the wall and replace if required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Unsure about pipe stat which pipe is one will...
Replies
Views
Hi @Jim Goodenough I do have some yes , I did...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
I am only telling you what I have seen. I...
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
Back