Electric boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Electric boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

goz666

Gas Engineer
Had a request today for an electric boiler, there is no gas whatsoever in the flat. It's a one bed flat with a tiny kitchen and bathroom, medium size lounge and one bedroom. Currently there's a direct cylinder with two immersion heaters, and three storage heaters that have been in about 30 years and are beyond repair.....Anyone any ideas for an electric boiler to supply DHW and possibly Rads, but at the same time space is an issue as he is hoping to utilise the cupboard the current cylinder is in......Thanks.

I looked into electric boilers but they are very expensive to run. Is it a ground floor flat? I know lpg aint cheap but it would be cheaper than electric on running cost. There is that ad in the gassafe magazine of an electric boiler but can't remember the name. Check running and instal costs to see what fuels cheapest.

I looked into electric boilers but they are very expensive to run. Is it a ground floor flat? I know lpg aint cheap but it would be cheaper than electric on running cost. There is that ad in the gassafe magazine of an electric boiler but can't remember the name. Check running and instal costs to see what fuels cheapest.

I'm not LPG, but even so this flat is in the middle of an estate. Just a typical ground floor tiny flat.
Out of the three storage heaters, two don't work at all and one you can hardly feel it. His current electric bill is £130 a month and he says he hardly uses it.

Last edited:
I rent a flat out & it's all elec

It's got a Pulsacoil?

Has a decent shower with good pressure too, bath as well.

Around me a lot of people use some German electric radiators as they are a lot cheaper to run than storage heaters.

I think I heard somewhere about an electric combi coming out but I can just imagine the electric meter spinning off the wall when you have a bath.

Is there gas on the estate? As having a new main connected might not be a huge amount and if they plan on staying a few years it would pay for itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Do I switch off Electric Hot Heater Cylinder...
Replies
Views
C
You can keep it off, however you need to be...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
30 gal type if only a shower or yes 60 if...
Replies
Views
P
Baxi boilers are light and quiet but I doubt...
Replies
Views
It doesn't have a thermostat and the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Back