Electric central heating boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Electric central heating boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gozlin

Hello Everyone
I`m new to this forum, I`m not a plumber I just thought this would be the best place to get some real and impartial advice.
We are about to convert a farm yard barn into 2 small holiday lets.
we are very restricted outside the barn for space to sight an oil tank, there is no mains gas.
We will have underfloor heating downstairs and radiators upstairs.Somebody told us to take a look at electric powered boilers.
Do any of you professionals have any experience of said boilers.
We have a 3 phase supply on the farm if that will be any advantage.

We hope someone can guide us.
Thanks
Gozlin

hi and welcome, recently fitted elnur electric boiler with no problems, the website is Elnur UK - Elnur Electric Heating Solutions – Home Pageg
have you thought of lpg or even a heat pump ?

Thanks dancinplumba
Because we will be letting the cottages as and when we want a heating system that is easily operated if its been off for a while.
finding a place for a fuel storage tank is difficult.
A heat pump would probably be to expensive.

I wouldn't be fitting underfloor heating in holiday cottages, too slow to respond. Stick with all rads or you'll end up running u/f 24/7.

Seen a couple of electric boilers, very expensive to run. Would be better with oil if you can get it in, no space to rear? The oil line can run a fair distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
It doesn't have a thermostat and the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Simples, as with wind energy production we...
Replies
Views
Mine is 35 years old and the system doesn't...
Replies
Views
Back