Electric pipe freezer kit | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Electric pipe freezer kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiggers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi, I am trying to get my company to invest in an electric pipe freezer kit.
We always hire these when required but we seem to be doing this more, can anyone recommend a good model as the one we hire seems good a rothy up to 42mm £1000+
Cheers lads.

Don't get the electric rothy. The cheap one. It's poop

I find the co2 rothy rofrost are all I need.
freeze up to 2 inch steel no problem.

Bought rothy eco-freeze, failed to freeze 15mm copper and 15mm Hep2o, let me down 4 times took it back to supplier for a refund. Was told it was probably a faulty unit and to try another, declined offer, I'll stick to tinned freeze spray.
In case your wondering, the central heating was off and cold, the was no inhibitor in system and the boiler was switched off.
Plenty of contact paste on pipes and freeze clamps, unit reading -29 degrees and left on each time for over 30mins.

Bought rothy eco-freeze, failed to freeze 15mm copper and 15mm Hep2o, let me down 4 times took it back to supplier for a refund. Was told it was probably a faulty unit and to try another, declined offer, I'll stick to tinned freeze spray.

Me and my mate both bought one. Mine has been bang on, used it now probably 50 timesover 18 months. His failed from start and got returned.

I've had an arctic electric one for years. Must be over ten now and it's still going strong. Doesn't get used a great deal now but it's a godsend when you can't shut off a valve. When we first got it it was used regularly in the hotel we used to do the plumbing for as there were no iso valves on many of the bathrooms and we couldn't shut off the whole hotel to change one tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
As above The Grant instructions tell you to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Anyone know of a repair service for Axpert...
Replies
Views
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
Aqualisa digital showers are great. There is...
Replies
Views
Don’t know what he’s talking about as the...
Replies
Views
Back