Electric pipe freezer | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Electric pipe freezer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Proplumb999

Hi, Im looking for views, comments, experiences etc on electric pipe freezers, im looking at buying the freezemaster 280d or arctic equivalent, just wondered if anyone has either of these and which is the best to go for
Many thanks in advance
John

We use the Rothenberger Rofrost turbo in our hire fleet, and they seem pretty dependable.

I have heard mixed reports of the cheaper Rothy Eco unit - some people perfectly happy, others not so much.

Hi, Im looking for views, comments, experiences etc on electric pipe freezers, im looking at buying the freezemaster 280d or arctic equivalent, just wondered if anyone has either of these and which is the best to go for
Many thanks in advance
John

280d is the mutts nuts on domestic. Very useful tool. You will wonder how you survived without it

I've got the rothenberger turbo, use it all the time, very good machine. Had it 4 years, sent it in for a service once & top the water up every now & then, worth it's weight in gold.

If you get chance to get one, get it

Yep another one here for the freezemaster, had mine years , it occasionally goes back for re-gassing , but thats not cheap.

As far as I'm aware the newer model 280d does not need regassing. Just the occasional fire up if you don't use it for a few weeks

Freezemaster for me as well. Bought it second hand not working and just sent it to them to be re-conditioned and it's been fantastic ever since. Very heavy though and you need a transformer too

Thanks for the replies, Riley your right about the newer freezemaster not needing re gassing, I spoke to them today and apparently it was due to the gas type and seals not compatible which has now been sorted, will go electric though as I only do domestic work, I seem to pick up a lot of small jobs that other plumbers are not interested in or cant be bothered with, I think if I can freeze a trv replacement or hot tap without draining it will save time, up till now I always bung and drain, have been known to jump it aswell lol

Freezemaster for me as well. Bought it second hand not working and just sent it to them to be re-conditioned and it's been fantastic ever since. Very heavy though and you need a transformer too

How much was that then ?

Ok ill have a look for a 240v one

Was about £600 all in. But think you can get them for about that now.

Was a lot, had it years and I reckon it was worth it to be honest. Great piece of kit and helps avoid draining down etc

I don't have a pipe freezer but if you put one round your wrist would it freeze through to the core? and shatter like glass like on Terminator 2?

got the old red box freezemaster off ebay, get it oout and fire her up to save drain downs, worth its weight in gold. When first got it, used it to freeze some 35mm heating pipes in a hotel to add a new room fan heater, just turned off the boiler and pump turned her on, 15 mins latter cutting into the pipe and finished in about an hour, chuffed to bits for that job alone.

Sounds like the freezemaster is the way to go, ill probably get one of the smaller ones as I don't need any bigger than 28mm, can these things be used on a slightly leaking like a leaking radiator etc or does the water need to be completely stopped?

on a leaky rad you can always turn off the valves..................................

I have thought about getting one but always been a bit unsure of them.

I would use it to add new rads with out a drain down. How close can you solder next to the freeze or do you need to use compression/push fits?

I have risked a solder joint at approx 500mm. I did wrap the pipe in wet blue roll to prevent heat transfer to the frozen plug of water. Where it's come in handy is replacing lock shields and TRVs on an open vented system or changing gate valves/stop cocks that are letting by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

O
  • Article
Any experience with Optima Electrical Training...
Replies
Views
OLG0824
O
  • Question
True. But most of the stuff I have of theirs...
Replies
Views
Those pipes need to be further away from the...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the replies. So the distance is...
Replies
Views
Do I switch off Electric Hot Heater Cylinder...
Replies
Views
Back