Electric shower starts then stops after 5 seconds | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Electric shower starts then stops after 5 seconds in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Morning all, My electric shower isn't working. It starts for 5 seconds then stops. I have an unvented hot water immersion cylinder in the loft which says the benefit is no frozen pipes! Any ideas? I'm getting water ok from the taps.

Thanks Riley! My dad has just had a look and says it isn' an electric shower. It' fed by the tank in the loft. We've been in the loft and all looked ok. I'm getting water everywhere else. Think I'm going to have to call someone out.

Upvote 0
Stick some piccys up is it via a pump in the airing cupboard or similar

Thanks, i've got these picks of the system and have a video of the shower stopping but can't upload it. This is up in the loft, and the shower is in the bathroom below.

20160702_162030.jpg

20160702_162107.jpg

Upvote 0
If you turn the shower to completely cold and nothing then it’s likely a blockage. Maybe the filter entering the shower

Upvote 0
might be a strange question do you have gas heating?

Upvote 0
Correct, I'm going to get that sorted. It's a newish property. None of them felt very cold when we touched them so didn't think it's a frozen pipe, but I have no real idea!

Makes you wonder how a new property was passed when no insulation is on pipes in an attic. Even in living areas of a house all pipes are supposed to be insulated really.

Upvote 0
No, just standard

i would if you can look at having a night meter fitted as they you will be able to use the cheap elec at night to heat your water

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Sounds to me that the 15mm pipe that you are...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
  • Question
I have to admit that I don't know what a 60...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for asking Lou. After taking 30+...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
Aqualisa digital showers are great. There is...
Replies
Views
Back