Electric Water Heater Advice | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Electric Water Heater Advice in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi All

Sorry if this is the wrong category for my question.

Looking for a little advice on an electric water heating system. I have a small cleaning area that has 2 sinks and a spray gun, this is used to clean out refurbished White Goods, so things like Fridge shelves and baskets go in the sinks and fridge cavities get sprayed, ect.

At the moment the hot water is supplied via a Galaxy Aqua Premier Water Heater 9.5Kw - 45793266

However this barely gives us any running hot water, so I am looking to get a replacement for this unit.

Space is limited and I only have a cold feed supply to the cleaning area.

Can anyone recommend any units I can upgrade to?

Cheers

DJ

Hi

I did think about a shower unit at first but the shower would be on almost 8 hours, whereas if you fill the sink and just top up the hot water every now and again would be better water wise as you can steep things in the hot water.

DJ

A 30l unvented water heater may suit your needs if you have space for it. They go from 5l up but obviously get bigger and more expensive the more stored water you require.
Whoever fits it would need a current G3 and you need to see proof of it before you let them fit it, just like you'd want to see the gas safe card of somebody working on a gas appliance.

A 30l unvented water heater may suit your needs if you have space for it. They go from 5l up but obviously get bigger and more expensive the more stored water you require.
Whoever fits it would need a current G3 and you need to see proof of it before you let them fit it, just like you'd want to see the gas safe card of somebody working on a gas appliance.

Agree that would work, just make sure its at least 3kw for the best recovery time, but personally I'd stick in a small proper direct unvented cylinder and then put a proper tap in with a spray, Running costs will be lower as better insulated and cheaper life costing as elements designed to last longer and easier to change.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I think you need to check the unit has failed...
Replies
Views
Heating water using electric is about 3 x the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I imagine any mixer valve or tap could limit...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A joule direct unvented cylinder would be my...
Replies
Views
I always use the little Ariston 2kW 10l ones...
Replies
Views
Back