Electric water heater output to combi output | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Electric water heater output to combi output in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

My combi boiler has packed in and i can't get a replacement fitted until next week. If I get one of those 9.5kw water heaters temporarily e.g. the ones by Red Ring or Ariston, can I send the output of that to the same pipe as the combi output without causing any problems to the water main? The boiler is an Ideal Isar, its gonna go in the skip once the new boiler is in but need something just for the week so we can wash. On the electric side I have an unused 45A shower source that could be used.

Unless you are an electrician and understand the rules and regs. My advice is don't mix water and electrics unless you really really know what you are doing. It is not something I would recommend a keen DIY'er doing.

I am a sparky and gas safe.

You could just go to a relatives/friends house?

You could use your local gym?

Plumb it yourself and get a sparky to wire it?

Thanks for your advice, didn't need to do it in the end as we managed to nurse the old boiler and kept it going just long enough until the new one was fitted.

The reason for my original question was because I was concerned about accidentally pushing hot water upstream of the water main and wasn't sure whether there's a check valve built into the internals of a combi boiler.

Worrying about safety doesn't isn't going to stop me doing something I feel I'm capable of. Everyone in society seems to be babied a bit too much these days instead of allowing people to exercise common sense. I've seen terrible work carried out by tradesmen who are supposed to be qualified in their field and conversely fantastic work carried out by non-professionals who have taken a bit of interest in something.

Just my two pence worth...

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I imagine any mixer valve or tap could limit...
Replies
Views
T
  • Question
You say there's no gas..... You mean to the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Some 6 years ago I replaced an old Andrews...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What’s the flow rate out of the hot tap
Replies
Views
  • Question
A joule direct unvented cylinder would be my...
Replies
Views
Back