Electrician DIY plumbing in own house, advice needed | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Electrician DIY plumbing in own house, advice needed in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi guys, before anyone jumps to tell me “get a plumber”, I’m extending my house and doing a loft conversion myself, so looking to save money, that’s my only reason for not getting a plumber. I see mixed opinions on whether to go plastic or copper, I’m happy to learn how to join copper, but at the same time plastic is much faster and cheaper I’m guessing.

if anyone could give advice on pipe sizing and best routing for CH that’d be great, it’ll be a combi at far length of house with 6 rads (I know it’s dependant on BTU demands for rooms size/window size), house is all solid walls so I may pipe sleeve them or some sort of horse hair insulation etc.

basically any advice is welcome, thanks

Hiya, plastic v copper an often asked question. Copper MUST be used near the boiler
plastic can be good for long runs but looks untidy when exposed and can turn yellow in time. So copper for upstands to radiators for strenght and appearance. Run the main flow and return in 22mm pipe and t off in 15 mm for the rads...no more than two on 15mm. Its quite neat to hide pipes in electrical trunking with capping and behind the hinge side of an opening door. Allow drain offs on all drops and fit a magnetic and none magnetic filter on the return to the boiler. anything else ask away centralheatking

is it worth using foil Rockwool insulation, it’s expensive but is it really much different for your standard lagging, in the situation of house plumbing.

also DHW 15mm throughout? There’s no bath.

Mains water size? Same as what’s coming in?

Similar plumbing topics

P
Hope to be living the French way next year!
Replies
Views
Back