Electrician Electric meter advice | Electrical Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Electrician Electric meter advice in the Electrical Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Electric meter advice

To be clear I have no intention of messing with this, I just need to pick a few brains on the following.

British gas are sending me this on a regular basis, a ploy I think to get me to install a smart meter which i don't want.

"The radio service that supports your meter is being switched off. So we need to replace your electricity meter to make sure it continues to work after June 2025.
Your current meter switches rates using a radio signal, helping your meter change between day and night rates. This is often used by people who have electric storage systems, panel heaters or immersion heaters in water tanks – as some of these typically charge up overnight."

My current meter is an AMPY Reporter 5184A which, if I have read the manual correctly Ampy 5184A manual doesn't have a radio connection.
Have I got this right and its a BG trick to get me to swap to a smart meter?

Electric meter advice for more information

You may reply to this message here.

Similar plumbing topics

E
Is it an unvented cylinder? Sounds like issue...
Replies
Views
P
Baxi boilers are light and quiet but I doubt...
Replies
Views
Storm in a tea cup. You wont get anywhere, as...
Replies
Views
yes , the meter for the immersion heater. Not...
Replies
Views
Back