Electrician Flashing LEDs when fan and lights off | Electrical Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Electrician Flashing LEDs when fan and lights off in the Electrical Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Flashing LEDs when fan and lights off

Good afternoon everyone.
I have fitted an extractor fan in my bathroom with an overrun timer, to start when the bathroom led lights are turned on. I have wired the feed to the fan via an adjustable overrun timer and DP isolator with the SL for the fan timer coming from the light switch.

The issue is with lights and fan off the LEDs are flickering dimly - this stops when the DP switch is opened. I assume there is a small leakage to N from somewhere in the timer causing the sensitive LEDs to flicker, which when the DP switch is opened cannot occur hence the flicker stops.

I have bought and fitted a 47nF 100r capacitor and connected it to all possible combos in the timer - no change. The only thing that stops it is if I disconnect the SL from light switch yo timer - but obviously the fan wont run now.
I have spoken to a qualified sparky who's only suggestion was the capacity action as a snubbed - he doesn't know what to do now!

I am stumped and would appreciate any advice please.

Flashing LEDs when fan and lights off for more information

You may reply to this message here.

Similar plumbing topics

Pump is GRUNDFOS UPS2 15-50/60 Started up the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
3 port could be on its way out?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
If it's creeping back upto 3 bar with nothing...
Replies
Views
P
You need to be a gsr to work on all aspects of...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
S
problem is you need someone who understands...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
Back