Electrician Horsebox conversion electrical guidance please | Electrical Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Electrician Horsebox conversion electrical guidance please in the Electrical Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Horsebox conversion electrical guidance please

Hi All,

I'm currently converting a horsebox into a coffee unit and I'm looking for some guidance on what route to go down power wise, any help would be much appreciated.

Here's my expected electrical requirements -

Item - Must HavesWattage (w)
BAM2E Coffee Machine 2850
Under counter fridge400
Under counter freezer400
Small lights 20
Water heater under sink1500
Seaflo accumulator 12
Shureflow pump12

Total - 5194 w

Item - Nice to havesWattage (w)
Low wattage urn1800
Small confection oven2200

Grand total - 9194w

I've done some research online however questions I still have are as follows (Sorry I'm very new to all this)

- Do I go for a 32a or 16a input? I know my requirements are to big for solely 16a so I'd have to power the rest with a generator. If I go for 32a and I encounter a pitch/event where the input is 16a, is it just a case of using an adapter with the 16a and powering the rest of my electrics with a genny?

- In terms of genny, should I go for a duel fuel or solely petrol? I believe some events restrict people from using petrol generators hence me thinking the duel fuel route (Has anyone else found this?)

- Some generators I'm considering.. does anyone know why the first linked champion is 7000w yet seems cheaper than some 3500w options? Seems strange to me.

Champion 7000 Watt Dual Fuel Generator With Electric Start Champion Cpg7500E2-Df | Generator Pro - https://generator-pro.co.uk/product/champion-7000-watt-dual-fuel-generator-with-electric-start-champion-cpg7500e2-df/?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1qO0BhDwARIsANfnkv_NnDphY-o-ttQRKJ02MEVBECyYy30QQT1W0XPGtq9G1a1OJ6oqaioaAqNuEALw_wcB (Will this one only work at 50% power?, i'm...

Read more

Horsebox conversion electrical guidance please for more information

You may reply to this message here.

Back