Electrician How tolerant of customers are you? | Electrical Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Electrician How tolerant of customers are you? in the Electrical Advice area at Plumbers Forums

How tolerant of customers are you?

I'll be the first to admit that I don't have much enthusiasm for doing this job anymore, its only the relatively easy money that keeps me going but why on earth do customers think the world revolves around them. Just in the last week I turned up to do some lights in a bathroom for a small building firm and I already told him I only had a day or so free yet when I got there he had already volunteered my labour out to the householder to do some extra work in his bedroom and office, then comes the "oh but its getting plastered on Monday excuse.

Then this Saturday morning I get a phone call of someone who wants a job pricing, yet last time he didn't even get back to me on the last job I quoted for him and then after six months wanted it all re-quoting again as the spec had changed, he didn't even end up getting the job at all. So Saturday morning he emails the drawings, by Saturday afternoon there was a missed call off him and then a text saying "have you had a chance to look yet" FFS its Saturday man.

And lastly my neighbour, he wants an EICR, abou 10 extra sockets and a consumer unit change at his other house, I said "I'm quite busy at the moment, my mate is doing a re-wire by himself and I'll only do it if we both do it, but also I want to spend a few days at home doing my bathroom first whilst I've got the chance, I'll let you know when I can do it" He then throws out the decorator speil as they all do - This was last Friday, this morning (Tuesday he's been knocking on my door (which I ignored as it was early and I'm off), 3 missed calls from him and this evening he's been knocking again (ignored again).

Its like this constantly, everyone is under the impression that they are the most important precious person in the world and can't comprehend that someone might have something else to do and not drop everything for them. Its very rare now that you get customers that are even remotely organised.

So how do others handle this, do you just accept that the...

Read more

How tolerant of customers are you? for more information

You may reply to this message here.

Similar plumbing topics

N
  • Article
grade B ld1 conventional fire detection system...
Replies
Views
Nelly72
N
  • Question
No, don’t just fix into tiles. Drill 6mm hole...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Shaun, I need to investigate. I visited...
Replies
Views
Back