Electro-Fusion fittings | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Electro-Fusion fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday i was doing 3x bore holes to a manifold chamber + runs back into a house, everything done in 40mm HDPE pipe using Electro-Fusion fittings for the connections for the manifold. Before fitting the Electro-Fusion joints the pipes was scrapped and cleaned as well as making sure the fitting itself was clean including the nipples to connect the fusion welder to. about 40% of the fittings done didnt melt to the pipe or the "nipple" indicatiors didnt rise to show its complete but the fitting was very hot to touch. Each one was done the same yet 40% didnt work.
I flung the non welded fittings away and replaced with another one. Could i of kept trying the failed fitting till it worked? and what are you doing when the pipes have had water in them? still ok to weld or use compressions?

Thanks

They were wipped clean with wipes i got from drain centre for specially cleaning fusion fittings. just donno if it was a bad batch of fittings and if anyone else had had this problem

the fitting that i thought were dodgy were down to the onsite small pertol generator, when other power tool were being used the power to the fusion welding maching was not up at the full power it needed to melt the fitting, i just got lucky with my timing on some fitting and not the rest. Lesson learned! dont share wee generators when doing fusion welding.:bulb2:

Thanks

just a quick one how often do you guiys use electro-fusion fittings ? and on what applications ? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
As above The Grant instructions tell you to...
Replies
Views
Got a response from Gas Safe Register, I think...
Replies
Views
That's the one I've ordered, cheers Alex! :)...
Replies
Views
I have never come across a 40mm copper or lead...
Replies
Views
A
Thanks everyone for all the advice, £22 and i...
Replies
Views
andrew1
A
Back