Elson Coral E Thermal Store Descaling Required | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Elson Coral E Thermal Store Descaling Required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dukes

Hi
Can anyone give me some advice please. I think have a scale issue with my electric boiler (8 years old). The symptoms are the water in the shower/taps runs hot initially then runs luke warm after a short while. If you switch off the shower/taps briefly the water then runs hot again when shower/taps switched on again. I have changed the blending valve however this had no effect. Am i right in assuming then this is a heat exchanger descale issue? secondly roughly how much would it cost to descale the boiler? thirdly can anyone recommend a reputable/reliable descale company to do this job. I am based in the central london area near Maida Vale i.e. NW8.

Thanks in advance.
regards
dukes

Hi all
I subsequently had this coral e boilers heat exchanging coils descaled by a friend. This has still not resolved the situation. So to summarize I have changed the blending valve and had the heat exchangers descaled ( on the inside of the coils ) and this has not helped with the initial problem I posted about above. What else could the problem be. The water if the flow rate at the taps is lowered does remain hot. The hot pipes which joing the hot inlet on the blending valve are hot to the touch when the boost is on for a while. But however they then become cool pretty soon after the hot water tap is run. This indicates the issue lies in the store and not the blending valve as the water becomes cool even before it reaches the blending valve after running hot for a brief time (30 second or so). So what could the issue be?

possiblities
1. the heat exchangers are scaled on outside
2. the heating elements immersion heaters are scaled up so are not heating up the water sufficiently (although this doesn't sound likely as the water is initially quite hot then runs luke warm.)

Any ideas ????

HELP!!
dukes

Mates know best Steve!! But look how much money he saved :6:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

great, thanks for sharing, really difficult to...
Replies
Views
C
Hi, I recently bought a 2 bed flat fitted...
Replies
Views
charlie_p
C
I have just reread your early post. I think...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Check the overheat cut out on the bottom...
Replies
Views
T
A
Or a competent heating engineer
Replies
Views
Back