Embed Plastic Polypipe in walls | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Embed Plastic Polypipe in walls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Hello, I am having my heating installed, the guys are using 10mm Polypipe from a manifold type setup.

We have couple of points where the pipe goes down a chased wall - is it ok to plaster straight over the 10mm polypipe - they tell me it's OK or should the pipe be embedded in trunking or is there a better way??

Aluminum tape can be used on the brickwork behind the pipe but not stuck to the pipe so the polypipe must be sensitive to wall coverings.

Believe me its not ideal but with that distance you may get away with it , bonding plaster first with a finish plaster over the top .
I have seen them with a 2 ish mm finish plaster over the pipes and it just cracks .
Your only other way is to dot and dab the wall with the pipes in the adhesive void , that system works .

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
There is hopefully a lintel above that new...
Replies
Views
Why do folk get obsessed with hiding pipes...
Replies
Views
  • Question
They are guidelines and advice for pipe sizes...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi. Sorry if I missed it - did it get resolved...
Replies
Views
As the guys have stated the frame needs to be...
Replies
Views
Back