Emergency plumbing networks | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Emergency plumbing networks in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

S

Sag

I'm after your views on any emergency plumber networks out there that you've either done work for or heard about.

What were their rates like, did they pay promptly, were their call centres a shambles or were they on the ball?

Even just names of plumbing networks would be helpful.

I'm after your views on any emergency plumber networks out there that you've either done work for or heard about.

What were their rates like, did they pay promptly, were their call centres a shambles or were they on the ball?

Even just names of plumbing networks would be helpful.

Were you not looking at setting your own emergency callout service up?!?

Did that not work out for you?

Emergency plumbing networks lol.
To give a short answer, there are plenty if you bother to google. As for their rates, I doubt it'll be any good. Why should they look for work, give you, then pay you a reasonable rate? They'll pay you peanuts after a mi I mum of 28 days from receiving your bill/invoice for work done.

Yes, I was looking to set one up. I was wondering what others were like so I can beat them on price and service. By the sounds of it, it won't be too hard.

Recruiting non cynical plumbers who've not had/heard of bad experiences will be very tricky though.

Where abouts are you located? Since you seem to be bent on 'beating them', I'll be more than happy to join your outfit. So all you have to do now is set it up. Just a not concerned you're on here asking for advice for a venture you want to set up? You really need to start doing your research

Asking a load of plumbers about their experience doing plumbing work for other call out networks is research.

Google is great but it can't give me people's opinions of their experience........

I just did. It says on google that you're in Birmingham? How odd.
I'd had sworn I saw you in Manchester during the PHEX Exhibition? What were you doing in Manchester then? C'mon, own up. I promise not to tell.

Well, the idea was to set up a regional service. If it went well then to roll it out nationally. So location wouldn't be that important. But as your asking, it's where all the sheep are

You could call it British Gas +1 , the trick to get business like this is all about being accessible

I own (but do not operate) all rights to 'Panic Plumbing' we also own on same basis 'Mr Poo' - like homer simpson who did mr plough. go for the young ones twitter etc Centralheatking
I own this one as well !

OMHO But to get people working for you who are going to do a good job and help build a business model that works, they need to be well paid motivated employees, subbies are never going to fulfil your needs, they dont get paid a decent rate, they dont get paid quickly and they cant afford to carry the stock required to be able to fulfil an emergency repair service overnight or at the weekends on so many boilers etc out there. so this is where bg and the manufacturers own teams with the financial might can always beat the subbie run repair set ups.

Ur right lame plumber - thats why some dream of a plumbing company and others like us just do it
with all the BIG PROFITS not - but nobody new gets the 5am worries, cash flow , late night calls
men not turning up, bust vans on M6 friday night 19.00 hrs etc CHK but hey I still do it !

OMHO But to get people working for you who are going to do a good job and help build a business model that works, they need to be well paid motivated employees, subbies are never going to fulfil your needs, they dont get paid a decent rate, they dont get paid quickly and they cant afford to carry the stock required to be able to fulfil an emergency repair service overnight or at the weekends on so many boilers etc out there. so this is where bg and the manufacturers own teams with the financial might can always beat the subbie run repair set ups.

Similar plumbing topics

Bit late to the show but I would have beeen...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Well done, BUT, does it work and then does it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Did you ever find out what the issue was?
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back