ensuite toilet flushing but not draining away outside. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ensuite toilet flushing but not draining away outside. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barry1985

Hi, yesterday the walls in my utility room started making a loud noise (like next door were drilling) then i noticed the back wall was damp, i quickly turned off the stop tap and the noise stopped,
i went outside lifted the drain cover and got someone to flush every toilet for me, at first two toilets didnt drain but after my neighbour used a tool (not sure what it was) a giant collection of waste ran through outside,
i then thought the problem was solved, but today the noise started again in the utility room so i have flushed every toilet, ran the bath etc and everything is flowing through fine apart from the ensuite toilet, i can hear it outside at the drain attempting to make its way through but no visable water is coming past.

Strangley this time though the noise stopped when i turned the water mains off, but i turned it straight back on out of curiosity and the noise didnt come back.

Is this an issue i can sort myself or would i be best off calling a plumber? im asking on here as i can imagine call out charges on a saturday night to be high.

Thankyou for your help
(i did do a quick search on the forum but nothing came up to match my question)

Sounds like water hammer mate. You'd be best getting a plumber in. If you post up your locality then I'm sure someone on here would be available to help, also, post a new thread here -

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Thanks for the quick reply, iv posted asking on there just now

i forgot to mention yesterday the carpet in the toilet next to the utility room was sodden with water, i have took the carpet off and its dry now and has stayed dry, the toilet and shower in there are draining away aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

B
If by 'slow flushing' you mean, when you...
Replies
Views
J
Typical signs of venting issue. Air not being...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet...
Replies
Views
It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
Back