Erratic central heating | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Erratic central heating in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fastonion

Hi

New to this and not paticularly plumb-savvy (but very keen).

We've a biomass boiler running our c/h and h/w. Whilst the h/w is fine, we have problems with the c/h. Quite simply sometimes it comes on and sometimes it doesn't.

Both heating and water are controlled by a Horstmann Centaurplus programmer. Sometimes the heating comes on as programmed, but more often recently it doesn't. Sometimes by switching the heating off (on the programmer) and then back on again the hot water will start to flow through the radiators, but again this is becoming less effective (i.e. you have to do it again and again and again before it works). I'm guessing that the pump for the cetrnal heating might be on it's way out but could it be the programmer? Is there anything else I should check?

I'd be grateful for any advice anyone might have and happy to provide further info as needed.

Cheers in advance

Ben

its most likely the programmer unless your pump is making some strange noises

not familiar with biomass boilers,
but is this a y plan set up, 3 way motorised valve?
the valve is the more likely issue

Thanks very much Jam1979 - you were absolutely right. Problem now fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone, thanks for getting back to me...
Replies
Views
Hi. Currently experiencing an issue with our...
Replies
Views
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
D
Sounds like you need somebody competent to...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Thanks for the reply
T
Back