Erratic Heating Issue | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Erratic Heating Issue in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

We have a Worcester system boiler, an unvented HWC and mains water pressure to the house.

I paid £420 to fix issues we have with our heating system but the overall problem remains. The guy is now saying the only solution is a new boiler and he may be right. I couldn't find fault with the initial work the guy said needed doing because I could see the logic of what he was saying. He changed the boiler pressure tank & relief valve plus a pressure control valve in the HWC cupboard. I'm just not convinced he's considering other things like the heating controls. What has changed since he did the work is that the EA code no longer displays regularly.

The remaining problem we have is that the boiler only fires up and provides heated water intermittently, both taps and rads, despite the programmer being set to its usual times. When the boiler comes on seems to be random. I wondered about the connection of the room thermostat to the BDR91 relay so went through the rebinding process but that didn't improve matters. I do notice that the heating demand symbol (flame) on our TD90 stat seems to be on all the time regardless of heating cycle or room temperature. I've just take a photo if it (attached). The heating demand flame is showing but this is not in a heating period. I've checked and the radiator setting on the programmer is not inadvertently on. Just as I was about to take the snap I saw the RF signal flash on the screen confirming the stat is asking for the boiler. Of course all of this is beyond my ken...
Sorry, for the long post.

Attachments

• TD90.jpeg
    TD90.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 25
I think the flame would be visible if the temperature request is above the set point, eg, the room temperature is say 16 degrees, but the demand request is 21 degrees.

As for the other issues, can you confirm what motorised valves you have? If unsure, post photo.

Similar plumbing topics

Thermostat changed... With the new one, it...
Replies
Views
You could go smaller if you go pdhw eg 180l...
Replies
Views
Yes I had an ancient boiler set up like that...
Replies
Views
E
new boiler. fit a baxi. its not repairable
Replies
Views
D
Sounds like you need somebody competent to...
Replies
Views
Back