Euramo pump clacking noise - decreases as boiler temp increases?? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Euramo pump clacking noise - decreases as boiler temp increases?? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

valjester

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to all this so please be gentle... :)

I have a Euramo Gold Class F circulation pump fitted on the cold return to a Riello 40 boiler. It is positioned just after the hot cylinder and rad returns merge. For a month or two I've had the boiler thermostat set at 60-deg C and there has been a continual clacking noise coming from the pump (approx 300-400 clacks/min).
Thinking it was air in the system, I've bled all the rads and the pump but still the clacking persists. Last night I turned the boiler thermostat up to 75-deg C and there was a very noticeable drop in the clacking (still there but not as loud).

I'm thinking it may be a pump bearing or seal on the pump housing that is the root-cause...

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Be the plate to plate heat exchanger that's...
Replies
Views
DannyS
D
Huge thanks, that worked, expunged air as I...
Replies
Views
W
Cant help you anymore than we have bud if you...
Replies
Views
M
Assuming the boiler is working correctly...
Replies
Views
A
Replace boiler, make sure the system is...
Replies
Views
Jonwells
J
Back