Every time I turn off a tap my toilet starts to overflow? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Every time I turn off a tap my toilet starts to overflow? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MISS S

Hi, can anyone help with this one? A couple of weeks ago I noticed my toilet was making a high pitched noise every now and again when I flushed it, but if I flushed it again is stopped. Now, every time I turn a tap off in the house/use the shower/washing machine or dishwasher, my toilet either starts to make this high pitched noise or increasingly has started to overflow. I then have to flush the toilet to make it stop. This problem seems to have started round about the time I started to use my central heating again which hasn't been used all summer but this could just be coincidence. I have a combi-boiler. Anybody know why this has started to happen and if there is a way I can resolve it?
Thanks.

wont be anything to do with your heating

the washer or diapragm on the inlet/float valve is failing and the changing of pressure from a tap turning off for example is causing the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

The mains water is now feeding everything in...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet...
Replies
Views
B
If by 'slow flushing' you mean, when you...
Replies
Views
Thank you very much. I had it round the other...
Replies
Views
N
Any pictures of the leaking bit ?
Replies
Views
Back