Everything going wrong since new boiler fitted! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Everything going wrong since new boiler fitted! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bellabella

My Keston boiler packed in a couple of months ago, so I've had a Valliant eco tec plus fitted. It all worked fine for a week, then the central heating wouldn't go off. If the boiler is on, everything is on. The heating engineer told me it was due to two valves that now need to be replaced - at a cost of £240. I don't have that money, so I am just keeping the radiator valves at 0 and switching the electrical supply to the boiler off at night. I have a secondary return (I think it's called!) system so I get hot water on demand. A couple of weeks later, the water started coming through tepid and only getting to hand hot whereas it used to be very hot instantly. The heating engineer says that is due to the pump not functioning. I know this guy and feel I can trust him, but I am concerned! Can I get a second opinion?

What would like a second opinion on ?? Is it likely that 2 valves need replacing at the same time, un-likely but possible. As far as the secondary pump not working this would not cause the water to be tepid it would mean that you would have to wait some time before it arrives at the fitting but it would come through hot. By the fact that you are asking questions means you do not really trust him. I would get some one else in to have a look.

Last edited:
Motorised valves can cause the heating to keep running. Usually the head of the valve (electrical part) is the fault & just needs replaced but sometimes the valve body is faulty & may need entire valve. Unlikely 2 valves faulty as has been said, & I agree the secondary pump won't stop the hot water heating, so could be a heating pump or motorised valve or blockage.
Try a second opinion.

I agree with Chris.

What area are you in, perhaps one of the engineers on this forum may be able to help you.

Just like your old boiler packed up, it is possible that the zone valves have had their day, although as mentioned can't recall a time when I had to replace the two at the same time. The hot water issue may benefit from a second opinion as well.

I presume this eco tech is a system boiler, of course many things could be at fault, but has it been wired up correctly, by that i mean all external controls need to come via the boiler, i only say this because of the central heating side being on all the time causing you to turn of the electricity last thing.The hot water side well it could be a motorized valve and i do agree that it is unusual for two valves to go down at the same time scinario one working! one not!

Go straight to Vaillant - its a new boiler so they will call by and tell you the exact course fwds
This wiil be the independant survey you want - please let us know the outcome

centralheatking

Sounds like when the boiler was fitted they kept all the old controls, I usually renew everything when I fit a new boiler, false economy to keep the old controls in.

Isn't the boiler under warranty?

Go straight to Vaillant - its a new boiler so they will call by and tell you the exact course fwds
This wiil be the independant survey you want - please let us know the outcome

centralheatking
I believe it is a system boiler and it is not a boiler issue, so nothing of interest to the manufacturer. It is a separate controls issue and the manufacturer will just say new controls should have been fitted along with the boiler.

i often come across two valves that have failed. One fails and they hook it open or take the head of till the other fails and nothing will light the boiler Then they moan cos its so expensive

Sorry, I know I shouldn't do this, but I don't know what else to do.

I've posted 3 real posts over the last 3 days, none have appeared. I've emailed the webmaster but had no response.

So this is a test to see if I can poste ANYTHING, sorry again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a flexicom.cx that hasn’t been...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
Yep that uses the ideal valves common issue...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
Back