Evo HE boiler hot water running hot and cold *help* :) | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Evo HE boiler hot water running hot and cold *help* :) in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

olivia rickman

Hi There,

I have an Ideal Evo HE combi boiler and the central heating is working fine but the hot water is having some issues. It is running hot and cold and after it has been on for about 20 seconds the error code 'HA' comes up on the boiler. It used to run very hot but no longer. The pressure is fine.

If anyone has any advice on what is happening or how it could be fixed I would much appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance,

Olivia

Hi, have you checked the DHW thermistor, I couldn't find the fault HA. Only H3 and H9 that ( H3 DHW thermistor) and (H9 Heat exchanger) but specifically the flow stat contact to the pipe. Check resistance

at 25 degrees expect 9.700 -10.300 ohms
60 degrees expect 2.400 - 2.600ohms
85 degrees expect 1000 - 1100 ohms

good luck

Thanks Moonlight, it also had previously had the error code L9 and in the manual is suggests that it is a problem the thermistor and over heating. Would I be able to test this myself with basic DIY skills?
Thanks again

Only if you are a gas safe engineer, as you will have to take the case off the boiler

You are not GSR and not to remove the boiler casing and do anything on the boiler get a gas registered engineer in to carry out the works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
No taps or showers have been replaced. We did...
Replies
Views
Which Vaillant boiler is it?
Replies
Views
Oil fired combis I think produce DHW at ~ 80C...
Replies
Views
Back