Evohome experts | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Adrian Sadler
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1K

Discuss Evohome experts in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Adrian Sadler

Any evohome gurus here?

I am looking at a system but dont think it is possable to do so need some guidance.

System boiler with unvented cylinder in loft space.
Every room downstairs has wet UFH over a 12 zone manifold.
Upstairs we have a traditional radiator system of a 'open' rad on the landing and one in each of 3 bedrooms. one in the main bathroom and one in the ensuite.
In the loft we have a pump and 3x 2 port zone valves (hw, ufh,radiators)
There is also a pump downstairs by the manifold.

Customer wants in the evohome system.......
Each room downstairs 8 zones beind independantly controlled.
3 rads in the bedroom each independantly controlled.

With the current setup i think.....

get rid of the 2 heating valves and put back to one and get rid of the pump by the manifold so its all on one loop.

then at the manifold use the 8 zone controller for all the downstairs rooms with stat in each room, use evo wireless trv's on all upstairs and a cylinder pack for the hw.

sound about right?

Any evohome gurus here?

I am looking at a system but dont think it is possable to do so need some guidance.

System boiler with unvented cylinder in loft space.
Every room downstairs has wet UFH over a 12 zone manifold.
Upstairs we have a traditional radiator system of a 'open' rad on the landing and one in each of 3 bedrooms. one in the main bathroom and one in the ensuite.
In the loft we have a pump and 3x 2 port zone valves (hw, ufh,radiators)
There is also a pump downstairs by the manifold.

Customer wants in the evohome system.......
Each room downstairs 8 zones beind independantly controlled.
3 rads in the bedroom each independantly controlled.

With the current setup i think.....

get rid of the 2 heating valves and put back to one and get rid of the pump by the manifold so its all on one loop.

then at the manifold use the 8 zone controller for all the downstairs rooms with stat in each room, use evo wireless trv's on all upstairs and a cylinder pack for the hw.

sound about right?

I gave you the answer on facebook! Yes this will work (the EvoHome bit - your plans to remove the UFH pump sound dubious!) but you need to have two controllers cascaded together to give you 24 available zones. Otherwise you won't have enough zones.

The app sees it as all one system because the base units, once cascaded, act as one unit.

Gone on the course £250 plus free kit!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
No, it’s normally as you thought, downstairs...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi garichd - which solution did you go for?
Replies
Views
Each manifold will have it's own pump and TMV...
Replies
Views
Hello mate, I have Tado at home, seems good so...
Replies
Views
They can stick quite easily, try a spray with...
Replies
Views
Back