existing boiler location cannot be moved .... existing combi upgrade to high | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss existing boiler location cannot be moved .... existing combi upgrade to high in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbster3456

hi there looking for advice existing boiler cannot be moved this is not an option existing flue hole about 200mm from outside door can afford to move about another 300 mm so prob about 500mm away from door.
vaillant installation instructions say 1200mm from door.
is there any kit or anything that can be done to accomidate this?
any help would be appreciated

1200 from the door? Are you sure on that? What vaillant is it?

1200 seems a lot. 300 seems more appropriate.... And I've seen plenty plume displacement kits used to overcome the issue. However I was told in my last ACS that that was not acceptable! :)

never fit vaillant this is first ive been asked its in the vaillant ecotec pro range looked at instructions on line just to be sure what requirements are and it says 1200mm from door.
what it says is (J) 1200MM FROM AN OPENING EG DOOR , WINDOW INTO THE DWELLING
HOWEVER (A) SAYS FROM OPENABLE WINDOW 300MM (J) CONTRADICTS( A) PROB BEST JUST CALL TECHNICAL ?

AND BYR THE WAY ITS NOT THE WINDOW DISTANCE IM ASKING FOR ITS THE DOOR

1200 seems a lot. 300 seems more appropriate.... And i've seen plenty plume displacement kits used to overcome the issue. However i was told in my last acs that that was not acceptable! :)

was also told the same as i came across this prob before 225mm from window i asked the boilers tech line if plume would do and they said no

Im prob going make myself look like a fool if im reading this wrong :) but j for this vaillant tells me flue from external door 1200mm

ADirectly below an opening, above an opening or horizontalto an opening, air brick, opening window, etc.

etc also means door ?

Ask a question and get an answer. Nothing foolish about that.:smiley2:

adirectly below an opening, above an opening or horizontalto an opening, air brick, opening window, etc.

etc also means door ?

think your right lol first ever vaillant looking daft now :) tired tonight thats my excuse anyway haha

The instructions state
J From an opening in the car port (e.g. door, window)
into the dwelling

A Directly below an opening, above an opening or horizontal
to an opening, air brick, opening window, etc.

Both A and J mention openings and mention examples of openings. Both mention windows as an example so in your mind there is a contradiction.

A is in fresh air, J is in a car port, simples.

Better to be safe than sorry plumbster. Always worth asking the question.

Yep your right now im away to hide for another few months lol so you all forget i asked this question :)

Definitely better to ask now than to come back in a months time saying "I fitted a boiler and BG have IDed it because the flue is too close to a door"

Definitely better to ask now than to come back in a months time saying "I fitted a boiler and BG have IDed it because the flue is too close to a door"

Or worst still spend good profit on flue extentions and plume kits!!

better still dont install vaillant they will only nick your customers :hammer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A bit late but what were the test results, did...
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
J
A gas engineer with respect and quality will...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
It's not easy, house is also a HMO so makes...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
Back