Existing Combi Boiler... I need to get 22l/m from it.. how? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Existing Combi Boiler... I need to get 22l/m from it.. how? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EddieC

Hiya All,

I have registered with this site as due to searching through google etc. this site came up many many times. I hope somebody can help ! The situation is this -

Having just purchased my first house, there is a Baxi Main ECO 30 combi boiler that is around two years old fitted into the property. I design and sell bathrooms/kitchens for a living, so you would probably think I would know this already, but I don't so I am asking!!

My dream is to have a shower that I sell to people on a weekly basis, its made by Hansgrohe and it requires 22litres/min to power it. My boiler puts out 14l/m.

Is there a way that I can add a tank or do something to allow me to use the shower to its full capacity? I have read that somehow you can add an unvented tank after the combi boiler, which could be used as a sole supply for the shower? Also, budget is a major issue, it is low low low, so I need the best possible priced solution, I cannot afford to change the heating system !

I hope someone can help !!! Many many thanks,

EDIT - As regards to budget, I didn't mean I have £0, I just mean I want the cheapest possible solution lol !

Last edited by a moderator:
im afraid youll have to settle for less as your seriously undersized in the pocket area you will only get 12 litres from the boiler youve got as you need the water to be hot enough which will require a temp rise of at least 35 c probably more most of the time in this country even so it will deliver a good shower anything more than 12 /m is wastefull anyway

Well best thing is wait untill budget is High ,High, High then do the job properly ! for 22lts to come from shower you will need 22lts comeing into house, Think you need to dream on trying to sell a shower that is pumping out 22Lts most people are trying to cut back on water bills.

Possible, low budget .........NO

im afraid youll have to settle for less as your seriously undersized in the pocket area you will only get 12 litres from the boiler youve got as you need the water to be hot enough which will require a temp rise of at least 35 c probably more most of the time in this country even so it will deliver a good shower anything more than 12 /m is wastefull anyway

Sorry guys I wasn't clear, I have some money, but I just wanted to find the cheapest solution possible!

Well best thing is wait untill budget is High ,High, High then do the job properly ! for 22lts to come from shower you will need 22lts comeing into house, Think you need to dream on trying to sell a shower that is pumping out 22Lts most people are trying to cut back on water bills.

Its a £2k shower and we sell to high end clients who don't seem to care about the recession! But we happen to have an ex-display one that I can have free, so its a good chance to own a shower I wouldn't otherwise be able to do so.

It all depends on your incoming mains flow rate or you will have to put storage tanks in
imo

Provided enough incoming water flow/ pressure fit an unvented cylinder to supply the shower

Why is it that everyone wants to cut corners & do things on `The Cheap` when it comes to plumbing ??????? :icon13:

Why is it that everyone wants to cut corners & do things on `The Cheap` when it comes to plumbing ??????? :icon13:

I don't want to cut corners, but I genuinely don't know literally anyone who doesn't want to do things the cheapest way for what they want. Its a recession, and common sense!! I might have to look at the unvented option then and see how that works,

I don't want to cut corners, but I genuinely don't know literally anyone who doesn't want to do things the cheapest way for what they want. Its a recession, and common sense!! I might have to look at the unvented option then and see how that works,

Personally before you even consider fitting the shower I'd check to see what your incoming cold supply is like, because if that's poor then you're talking megga bucks to get what you're after IMHO :)

Providing your flow rate into the property is sufficient the only way is to fit an unvented.

Dont think you would have much luck trying to sell a 2K shower valve down this part of UK ! Where are you Base'd Eddie ??

sell the shower on ebay and go on holiday, the hotel will have a good shower flow rate and you can get a tann :)

Welcome to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
A
I looked up the faults out of curiosity as I...
Replies
Views
S
Hello all I have a Worchester Bosch greenstar...
Replies
Views
StuckWithUFH
S
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Because it will adjust the boiler to the...
Replies
Views
Back