expanding business | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter robdent
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 2K

Discuss expanding business in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robdent

alright lads , just wanted to pick your brains regarding work .been in the game since school (15 years) and have finally taken the plunge on my owm . got a few ads in yell.com and done a few mail shots put some flyer in letting agents etcbut seem to have hit a brick wall . any ideas about getting more work ?
cheers rob

Do you have a parish magazine or one of those little freebee mags that drop through the door

Google adwords and a nifty website, Free index is good too, free ad on gumtree, viva street, google maps, ebay, poster in the offie, local mags and parish rags, van sign :)

Chk out your local area planning portal and do a mail shot for people having an ext, worth a try, mail shot any house with a skip outside..

Good luck!

one of the tricks I was taught was to leave 2 cards with your details one for customer one for them to pass on to friend /neighbour etc with the promise of a drink if you won any more work also if your partner works in office school etc they sometimes have notice boards where you can pin up card.Also noticed pin up notice boards at Toolstation for all trades good luck regards turnpin.P.s if you do a good job you seem to find you may also get more work following on.Good luck :)regards turnpin

got my first referal off the ciphe web site for registered plumbers today, only paid for insertion on it 7 days back, impressed with that one.

Got me baffled this. We got £80 odd in vouchers for it when we changed the van insurance. Not had 1 click on it yet in near 2 weeks. :confused:

what is your maximum budget for the day though? I could spend that in a week easily on adwords.

50p per word. £5 per day. Guess i would need to up the per click bid to more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
AW hell what's the cost of a filter, £70 and...
Replies
Views
happyflyer
H
P
excellent puddle nearly mirrored my day,just...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
B
Bernie Dont get me wrong, I love dry drains...
Replies
Views
bobpape
B
Back