Expanion vessel has water in, but still functions properly. | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Expanion vessel has water in, but still functions properly. in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mike

Hi, today i had to remove the expansion vessel on my oil combi boiler inorder to change a auto air vent which is leaking, i took the opertunity to rechardge the expansion vessel so i drained the system then the expansion vessel out (the water side) and discoverd there was still some water in there but in the air side! so i turned it upside down (the schrader valve is on the top) and drained the air out and the water came out about about 20ml, the thing that confused me is that the system worked fine pressure has never risen above 1.5 bar and the vesel air pressure never drops.etc so should i replace the vessel or should i just keep using it .

Keep using it ...checking on it...using it...etc ......... If the prior symptoms before re-charging reoccur then replace IMHO :)

You can get condensation in an ev between the bladder and the casing.

Edit: I meant in the bladder:oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
20ml out of a 2 gallon expansion vessel. Think about it. Im sure if someone turned me upside down and shook me there would be 20ml out of somewhere.
Think logically

You tend to get a small amount of water in the air side, thats normal.

on the big ones we have for thermal stores ive had a litre out!

Guessing its from compressing the air
h2o and all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
D
Hi all, My pressure is stable at 1.5 when...
Replies
Views
Damo666
D
Pin hole leak on suction side of pump.
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Back