Expansion Relief Valve... | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Expansion Relief Valve... in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Titanium Trades

Gents,

Posted ref this before, Customer had a dishcharge into Tundish on unvented system, 1st: Re-charge expansion vessel (was 1.5bar now 3bar) = No Joy... 2nd: Replace Temp/Pressure relief valve = No joy!... Next I intend on replacing the Expansion relief valve, any other suggestions before I do this? I am G3 but not much experience on this to be honest... system is a Range Tribune HE, any help much appreciated.

Is the cold balanced?
Is the ev good?

How big is the system / cylinder?
Did you not check the outlets of the two safety valves to see which one was discharging water ?
I would cut in a low cost pressure gauge so you can see what is happening pressure wise, maybe one on the inlet & one on the outlet of the pressure reducing valves (there are sometimes ports on the pressure reducing valves for this.)

Start with incoming pressure - vessel should be set accordingly
Which valve is discharging?
What pressure have you measured from T & P Valve?

Cold is balanced and EV is fine, the T & P valve and ERV both dishcharge into same dish so couldnt identify which of the 2 was discharging. I havent measured the pressure from T & P valve...how can i? No gauge. Vessel is set at 3 bar as per reducing valve. There is a spare port on the PRV for gauge but if the PRV was bust and mains was over 6 Bar then this is cause of discharge? Many Thanks

Undo the nut downside of the two valves - whichever is wet is the discharging on. You will need to invest in a pressure gauge though to work on these systems otherwise you'll be guessing as opposed to identifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes, G3 qualified for this one.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Don't think that M.valves will pull in air...
Replies
Views
Send your gas safe details to @ShaunCorbs and...
Replies
Views
All sorted now chaps. As Gary said it was due...
Replies
Views
Back