expansion siting ? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss expansion siting ? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve ski

Dear all my current boiler is a w/b danesmoor 12/14 oil fired boiler, it is currently operating under a open vented system and runs only 4 small radiators largerst being single convector 1200x400, the manufactures lit says this boiler can be adapted to a sealed system also, which i want to do as I have no rads upstairs !! the f/e tank would be to low in its current siting and moving higher would be hell !. I would want to site my expansion vessel 2 1/2 meters or so away from the boiler on the return? I understand the closer the better, are there possible issues arising from siting a vessel at distance from the boiler ??? many thanks for advice ???

No, away from boiler is good, away from excess heat. What about your pressure gauge, prv and filling loop?

yes that be fine, they can be sited all together on the return pipe and 2 meters away wouldnt be a problem

sorry simon i didnt explain the reason for wanting to site the e/v so far away, our kitchen is very small as is our cottage, getting rid off vented cylinder and replacing with u/v in loftspace, and adding two rads to upstairs beds, If i can lose evrything in the loftspace then i gain a small amount of space in my kitchen, which will make a huge difference !

Expansion vessel should be the last thing onto the return before it goes towards the boiler. As Simon says, but away from heat as much as possible.
The PRV could be put on the pipework at the boiler which means relief of pressure at heat source if say pipes get frozen elsewhere) if you can join a discharge pipe safely to outside. You could do the filling loop with gauge anywhere handy, like near new unvented & still use another PRV there or on expansion vessel set up, if wished.

Thanx best, thats what i had in mind, I am also hoping adding two more rads and resiting the room stat will help to stop the boiler short cycling too ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
P
It's in the WB installation instructions under...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
That's a fair better idea or costly mistakes...
Replies
Views
Don't think that M.valves will pull in air...
Replies
Views
Back