expansion tank | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss expansion tank in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

heggie

firstly i am not a plumber ,the problem i have is that my expansion tank ran out of water due to a faulty ball cock, i have fixed that problem but because the system ran dry i suspect there is now air in the system .there is a drain valve at the bottom but there is only a drip coming out .... any ideas how to bleed /force air out of the system? thanks in advance
mr heggie

have you tried turning the system on and pumping it round

you can also go round all your radiators bleeding them, starting on the ground floor working upwards to remove any air

watch out running pump if there is no water running past it to cool it,

Check you have water in the pump first by unscewing a little bit the brASS flathead in the middle of the pump and see if water weeps out

A dry pump will soon fry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

see same. below on this as some one has had...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
I can't remember if I fitted one or not, but I...
Replies
Views
Everything working fine on PP mode - thanks...
Replies
Views
Back