Expansion vessel position | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Expansion vessel position in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I see a lot of small 2l expansion vessels fitted horizontally and a few with the water connection at the top, in the legionella advice it mentions having water connections at the base for draining and flushing, also so no debris falls into vessel. From a practical view if the membrane breaks inside then air could escape offering no expansion, I've tried researching, a lot are from Italy but are vague on fitting position, although a couple stated vertical with water conn at base. What do you think?

For use with the 10l or 15l under sink heaters.
I always have the 2l expansion vessel vertical and rigid piped as they usually have no means of being fixed, although I sometimes add strapband if necessary.

I have come across them on long flexies just chucked under the kitchen unit, seems to work ok but not my style.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes, I’m well aware of that. It passed the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Mick, Had a quick look at the model 1000...
Replies
Views
  • Question
E.Vessel Recharging Looking good and even...
Replies
Views
Again, without an idea of system volume we're...
Replies
Views
A resume of the outcome would be polite...Rob...
Replies
Views
Back