Expansion vessel sizing | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Expansion vessel sizing in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannypipe

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I was working out the expansion vessel required for a CH system the other day with the known formula, when the guy I was working with produced an 'app' on his iPhone that did it for you.

He downloaded it for free, and we both arrived at the same result.
I don't have an iphone, but handy for those that do, and if anyone wants to produce one that I can download for my notebook, I'm sure it would be popular.

Here's a link of it I found. Expansion Vessel Size Calculator iPhone application - AppStoreHQ

Like many things, we can work them out ourselves but sometimes it pays to let technology do the brain work for you! I have lots of stuff on my handy notebook and would like one on it.

Last edited:
I don't have an iPhone and no doubt it is am infinitley useful thing for many but i still like using my brain.

I was working out the expansion vessel required for a CH system the other day with the known formula, when the guy I was working with produced an 'app' on his iPhone that did it for you.

could you post the "known formula"? I have one here based constants based on the water temp. For water at 70, it is V * 0,025/ 0,35. So for 110L of water, the vessel should be 8L.

I have also seen other formulas based on system pressure (system loss in this case is 93mBar)

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

ah i see what you mean, just need something...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Mick, Had a quick look at the model 1000...
Replies
Views
Again, without an idea of system volume we're...
Replies
Views
Whats the head of water above above the vessel...
Replies
Views
I am same as the above posts, I have the...
Replies
Views
Back