Expansion vessel support | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Expansion vessel support in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Makingtrax

Have moved into a house with an Excelsior unvented water heater in the airing cupboard. The expansion vessel is held onto a wall bracket above the heater with what looks like a long thin steel jubilee clip or some sort of worm drive band system. The 1m long 9mm steel band of this clip broke the other day and the vessel fell off the wall.
I've looked on the internet and can't find a 1metre long jubilee clip. Does anyone know where I can get one from and what it's called. Also, as it clearly broke under the weight of the vessel, is there a better way to support the vessel. The bracket seems firm but is on a plasterboard wall.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello Makingtrax,
put the search for expansion vessel support bracket,
there are other types of support possible

Hi makingtrax welcome to the forums , you shoudl be able to get one from plumb centre. where are you based . if you feel its gave under its weight you could add an additioanl suppost in the form of a shelf. a pic would help thanks

I would try the cylinder manufacturer for a spare.

Though the vessel shouldn't really be that heavy, i suspect it needs recharging or replacing depending on whats wrong (by a suitably qualified plumber, there is a special ticket to allow you to work on these)

Hello Makingtrax,
put the search for expansion vessel support bracket,
there are other types of support possible
Thanks Simon, I've found four others but the one I've already got looks to suit the vessel best - I'll just replace it.

Hi makingtrax welcome to the forums , you shoudl be able to get one from plumb centre. where are you based . if you feel its gave under its weight you could add an additioanl suppost in the form of a shelf. a pic would help thanks
Thanks bod! The vessel seems way too heavy for the thin band - I'll make a wooden support as well

I would try the cylinder manufacturer for a spare.

Though the vessel shouldn't really be that heavy, i suspect it needs recharging or replacing depending on whats wrong (by a suitably qualified plumber, there is a special ticket to allow you to work on these)
Thanks Roger! The vessel seems to be working OK pressure-wise but it is heavy and could have a lot of water in it. I'll get it checked out. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back