Expansion vessel testing/pressurising guage/pump | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Expansion vessel testing/pressurising guage/pump in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StillLearnin

Don't know if it's just me but it seems expansion vessels in boilers are getting more inaccessible everyday. I'm looking for an easy to use pump/gauge with a long hose that I can get into the back of a boiler to test/re-pressurise the vessel. Any ideas?

Thanks

Bg issue their boys with foot pumps and looooong hoses

I think plumbs can get you one

i got a good one from parts centre the other day, regin foot pump with 3m hose and pressure guage set me back about £28

Like the look of the Regin one, mine hasn't got a hugely long hose..... was hoping to find something with a push on connector... after struggling with a Baxi 80 today, trying to get the connector on was a right pain.... couldn't see and the connector points into the back of the case! Will look at the Regin one next time I'm in Parts Centre.

Thanks

Car foot pump works fine for me. You'll need one with a long enough hose on it and you'll need a portable pressure gauge which can give an accurate reading at lower pressures (the pencil types ones are OK for this). Normally I just have a spare bike pump and pressure gauge in my toolbag for boiler servicing.

Pencil type gauges are usuall easy enough to work in tight spaces.

i second the regine ones had a cheap foot pump was more hassle than worth dont get me wrong did the job but your tools are your investment to earn money propa tools easier job less time faffing about :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
just about to do that, WORCS bosch say fit...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Pin hole leak on suction side of pump.
Replies
Views
...cos it's a perfectly serviceable boiler...
Replies
Views
Back