Expansion vessel??? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Expansion vessel??? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelister6

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got a customer with a 6-7 year old Glow worm 35ci combi. When heating's on, pressure jumps and prv operates so I assumed it was the expansion vessel. Pressed the schrader valve and no water came out, pressure around 0.5 bar as per M.I's. Can only assume the inlet to the E.V. is blocked or could there be another reason. Gonna fit a remote E.V. tomorrow so any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Lee

Certainly sound like the supply to the EV is blocked Lee. Another way of telling is that it doesn't seem like there's much water needed to pressurise :)

Got a customer with a 6-7 year old Glow worm 35ci combi. When heating's on, pressure jumps and prv operates so I assumed it was the expansion vessel. Pressed the schrader valve and no water came out, pressure around 0.5 bar as per M.I's. Can only assume the inlet to the E.V. is blocked or could there be another reason. Gonna fit a remote E.V. tomorrow so any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Lee

some of the cx s had a flexi to the expansion vessel these can kink or collapse internaly.

ant

Its worth pumping the expansion vessel up a little more (maybe 1.5-2bar) with the system depresurised, it will sometimes clear the blockage.

Think I'll go with the new vessel. Bit more meat on that job!! Btw, original Glow worm replacement -£228 + vat! Thanks for the input lads!

Think I'll go with the new vessel. Bit more meat on that job!! Btw, original Glow worm replacement -£228 + vat! Thanks for the input lads!

dont forget glowworm do a fixed call out and replace anything but heat exch for £199 i use them sometimes for pcb replacements as sometimes a new board will not work with the other board main board £180 and then the other board £140 . last time i called them they replaced a board and it would not recognise the old press sw and flow sw engineer had to replace them

ant

Good to know! Get Glow worm to sub for me!! Charge customer £400 for boiler fixing and sit wi feet up while Glow orm geezer gets all sweaty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I need to read more detail!
Replies
Views
ah i see what you mean, just need something...
Replies
Views
Thanks mate. No I wasn't aware. I'll get...
Replies
Views
A resume of the outcome would be polite...Rob...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back