.....Experiment ..... | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss .....Experiment ..... in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

ShaunCorbs

Super Moderator
Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Solutions
Saw this on fb, just labour only price it up ta

IMG_3733.jpg

4K + VAT as a minimum. But would want to see the job before any work commences. Also would want to know what they are expecting to be fitted.

Just labour only ?

Just labour only ?
:D:DKnew you was going to say that. I don’t like pricing jobs without seeing them mate. (I know this is just a test and not real ) Also the statement has too many things to consider.
1- even if there is only 1 bathroom. Is there scope to extend in the future and will this have another bathroom. Hence my comment on not fitting a combi
2- make good fan flue. I match the existing bricks or as close as possible. I also take out the damaged bricks and replace with new ones, Which takes time.
3- what type of rads? how big are they? And what are they made of?
4- what’s wrong with a two pipe system?
5- do the joists need to be notched and can they be?
6- is there furniture in the house and who is moving it all around?
All of the above is why my price is what it is. I would obviously adjust as necessary after a site visit. But if a customer called over the phone and asked for a figure. Then that would be it.

Apologies @ShaunCorbs have just realised I typed minimum in my last message. It wasn’t supposed to say minimum but it is late and I have had a beer.:eek::eek:o_O

I doubt you wouldn't get anywhere near 3 or 4 k labour down my way tho.
The firms that bag most installs use young lads 10 quid an hour

They firms charge 1600 pay labour of a grand and make 600 just to price it.

Well if it's truly 10 man-days work, then what does an RGI in Southhampton expect to charge? £200-£250 a day? If so, labour cost would be £2000-£2500... but can it really be done in 10 days?

As others have said, lots of variables. 'Gas right next to boiler' could mean a 1/2" pipe used for an old heater, or it could mean the meter is just next to where the new boiler could go. How can you throw a price at something like this?

ta lads

hes on £800 a day him and apprentice / second lad

Would not fit a combi in a 4 bed especially in a garage Shaun the hotwater draw will be pony bud we get a winter like last year you will be blamed for the poor performance and a waste of water , pressurised cylinder and boiler with hotwater secondary 4k labour is about right just finished one just needs wiring and lagging once painting is done . Cheers kop

20180713_145351.jpg

Similar plumbing topics

What's wrong with the people who fitted it...
Replies
Views
What boiler is it? Do you have a hot water...
Replies
Views
I have tried hard to get similar to the first...
Replies
Views
If you have the spare funds go ahead as it...
Replies
Views
Back