explosive ignition baxi solo he | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss explosive ignition baxi solo he in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

giarc00007

Gas Engineer
had quick look at boiler last thing today as customer reporting loud bang sometimes from boiler. been to a few boilers with explosive ignition but this was like a door banging worst ive seen. anyway elecrodes fine, gas pressures (standing, working) all fine. isolated boiler till tomorrow. are the burners bad on these boilers? Boiler is only a few years old.

Had one the other week same noise. Cracked burner and leaking heat exchanger. But the readings were through the roof.

thanks AP deffo check readings and examine burner. The bang is unbelievable dont fancy running it to long to get readings but will check.

You'll need new case seals as well, the damaged burner will have destroyed them.

Also, check the gas rate, I had one of these which was gas rating about 15kw/h over what was in the specs, turned out to be a faulty gas valve as well. Expensive repair that was!

If you turn a load of loose ends after checking the above, check the impulse tube for moisture

Could also be down to small pilot, blocked pilot injector.

ignore my post, didn't read the HE bit.

Last edited:
If burner is ok and the new ceramic one, I would bet either a leak on HEX manifold down impulse tube on gas valve or electrode is sparking to outer case. There's a modified comb box door for this.

I would definitely check readings and inspect burner, insulation panels and case seals first

If burner is ok and the new ceramic one, I would bet either a leak on HEX manifold down impulse tube on gas valve or electrode is sparking to outer case. There's a modified comb box door for this.

I would definitely check readings and inspect burner, insulation panels and case seals first

thanks aquazone didnt get to boiler today as customer cancelled till tomorrow will give good inspection.

I'd also do a drop test on the boiler to make sure the gas valve is shutting off fully. Had a Worcester once, gas valve was passing, building up the gas in the chamber and on ignition it really boomed! But ye, leaking hex, damaged burner, gas valve air tube. The burners will actually lift from the metal casing soothe ceramic is floating around when the fan blows the pre mix through. I've not seen it on a Solo though, only on the combi 100he plus.

check that burner isolate gas and remove covers and run boiler - fan air pressure sometimes lifts the ceramic burner seen one of these melt the case .

Attachments

• baxi 5.jpg
    baxi 5.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 24
  • baxi 4.jpg
    baxi 4.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 26
  • baxi 3.jpg
    baxi 3.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 26
  • baxi 1.jpg
    baxi 1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yes.
Replies
Views
Have you tried recording it on the loud ignition
Replies
Views
Thanks Chuck for the quick response I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i have a Baxi solo boiler which is...
Replies
Views
Update on this post I finally got round to...
Replies
Views
Back