exspansion vessel | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss exspansion vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
why would you put one of those small shock absorber type exspansion vessel on the incoming cold supply to a combi boiler,water pressure not excessive,no unwanted noise prior to been fitted.any other reasons,please enlighten me?

Water meters and check valves can stop the expansion of hotter water into the water main. This can cause the pressure to increase which can affect the boiler,washing machines etc.The vessel protects the boiler from this pressure build up.

but surely all back flow preventive measures from appliances etc, are in place and i;ve never heard of the incoming mains getting hot enough to exspand,sorry mate but am i missing some thing here or have you miss understood

Expansion vessel on incoming main to combi's and water heaters are a common requirement with MI's, but this is rarely adhered too.

yes it;s all there ,never came across it before and think it highly unlikely, but you never no,thankyou.

you use to get them in some boilers ,a little metal ball abit bigger than a tennis ball, regarding fitting valves etc , some manufacturers specify pressure reducing valves , which i still dont fit , but I have heard from an instructor where thames water managed to burst a load of combis on the same street apparently there were a few different vans down the road that day, And there is also an issue where the insurance firms wont pay out if this happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I think 2.7LPM is the minimum requireed so...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
If its going to anti cycle then its not the...
Replies
Views
Yes you should be able to cut them off in...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back