External combi filter questions | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss External combi filter questions in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi All,

My mum had a Worcester green Star 4000 fitted on one of those eco grants.

A external filter wasn't fitted. Should this have been fitted or is it deemed a good to have item so not under any regulations?

Thanks

It’s recommended to have one but more importantly was a central heating flush / clean carried out ?

Fitting a filter has always been advised as 'best practice' and my understanding is that it became part of Part L Building Regulations last summer and was a requirement. Might be best talking to the boiler manufacturer just to check they will honour the warranty etc without a filter being installed.

Boilers an expensive bit of kit, why wouldn't you go that little extra to try and keep it in good condition for as long as possible.

From the 4000 installation manual, a bit long winded but they say if you don't follow guidelines it could 'invalidate the guarantee' and that a filter is 'recommended'.
I think it covers them for turning up and if the system isn't clean and has caused the failure they can refuse repair.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230906_213348_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230906_213348_Drive.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 21

Similar plumbing topics

That's my new plan Timmy, I managed to get up...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I...
Replies
Views
A
Yep min of 19mm wall insulation required
Replies
Views
Yes a flush will do the pipe work , just a...
Replies
Views
That’s there problem you pay them to fix it...
Replies
Views
Back