external condensate run | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss external condensate run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killy Bing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
ehh I feel dirty asking this !!

I have to run the condensate external on two jobs.

this one has a 4m drop then a 3m horizontal run to termination so I was thinking

21.5 mm from the boiler to the floor to 32mm street elbow pointing up with a Tee and access plug pointing up so in the event it freezes you can pour a kettle in it. 32mm through the wall and down, two 45's to make a long radius bend to keep the flow and then to the drain. does that sound alright or should I put it up to 40 mm ?

the second job is going external to a stack but they have had a few blockages in the past.
should I run the 32mm into a 40mm elbow to give myself an air break ?

welcome to throw whichever object you wish.
gas man his axe....croppie his wallet....

We install a Worcester Bosch condensure on boiler which is basically a tub that holds 500 ml when full empty s all 500ml in one go less chance of freezing (you can install to non Worcester boilers as well)
Then we also use a product called consulate which is a insulated flexible pipework you put inside waste pipe you can run it in11/4" but we run it in 11/2" waste and we use push fit waste not solvent weld the pack comes with 1/14" solvent weld adapters for out side connection we use rubber reducers
I think this way works well.
We use both the products above on the same install not one or the other. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384897884.395989.jpg

thank you sir.

I think I might make an air break like this on all my installs.
the last thing I want to be dealing with is an over flowing flue....

well, that condensulate stuff looks good but I would need two kits, £££

looked at the Worcester condensure and it would suit this situation I guess as an additional precaution.
I think my solution will be fine in 40mm?

Never bother with boiling kettles, cut off in house and stick bucket under it, tell cust to empty regularly. Then return to repair and improve line at later date.

well, that condensulate stuff looks good but I would need two kits, £££

looked at the Worcester condensure and it would suit this situation I guess as an additional precaution.
I think my solution will be fine in 40mm?

We buy the 10 mtr kits normally get 2-3 jobs out of one pack don't bother with 3mtr kits
Just give the customer the option and the extra cost.
No running costs once fitted.
Not sure what other boiler MI say but worcester say on the benchmark all external runs insulated and water proof insulation fitted.which no on does most put standard lagging on.
This way you have insulated your pipe run and made water proof as well.
So depending on boiler You may not be installing to MI

well you don't have to lag the pipe if using the condensesure. guess what i'll be doing !

Yep i meant connecting the 21.5 from underneath the boiler to the corrugated pipe, is that what you use?

I wouldn't worry in Maidstone. The only times I've come across frozen condense pipes down here have been when they are in overflow pipe externally. If you're going to use an air break on the one going to soil you'll need to use a trap of some sort, I normally use a HepV0 valve.

1/14 external lagging is quite cheap and what i normally use, never had one freeze yet.

I wouldn't worry in Maidstone. The only times I've come across frozen condense pipes down here have been when they are in overflow pipe externally. If you're going to use an air break on the one going to soil you'll need to use a trap of some sort, I normally use a HepV0 valve.

this ones in Cardiff, north facing wall. thanks mike :) i'll have a look at the hep valve. update just looked and everything says it seals against odours but im worried about the stack backfilling into the boiler?

Last edited:
The hepV0 valve also acts as a back check valve. I've just run a condense into an internal soil stack and used one and left an air gap under the boiler as recommended by the manufacturer (Atag).

well, the quality of my installs have very quickly surpassed that of what im used to being on....... I want to put in an atag actually, I quite liked them at phex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Many thanks for your detailed reply
Replies
Views
T
Great advice, thanks. Trench will be dug by...
Replies
Views
tommys
T
Yes, thanks - was thinking something along...
Replies
Views
G
Quite agree.
Replies
Views
T
I don't remember reading a prv had to be in...
Replies
Views
Back