External Oil Boiler - Grant or Worcester Bosch? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss External Oil Boiler - Grant or Worcester Bosch? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

S80

Hi Chaps - first post on here, so be gentle :)

We'll be getting a new oil-fired CH system fitted this summer, and will require an external boiler.

Speaking to various installers, it looks like a straight fight between the Grant Vortex Pro 15-26kW and the Worcester Bosch Danesmoor 18/25kW. Both seem pretty respected models, so are any real-world differences few and far between - and the preference just down to a particular installer's familiarity with the model?

Cheers,
David

Welcome to the forum David. I dare say a lot of the oilys are out working at the moment and will reply later over the weekend. If you don`t have an installer in mind then why not say roughly where you live and there might be a member living on your doorstep so to speak.

The danesmoor comes with a 5 year warranty on parts & labour when fitted with a Greenstar system filter.

They are both decent boilers.

Dont like either. Dont like Grants as I see a load of issues and Worcesters customer service is non existent.

Its all down to individual installers. Make sure whoever you employ is qualified to do so and can register the install with the local building control.

Thanks for the replies - much appreciated!

Simon - what other make(s) would you recommend? The boiler will be a regular 'heat only' type, as I don't think 'system boilers' offer any real advantage.

The Worcester is unbelievably well thought out for once, swinging expansion vessel and easy to access. grants are great indoors but have no experience of the external ones as of yet.

Worcester hands down. New boiler is great to service.
Speak to one of their accredited installers and you'll get a 7 year guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Reply was much appreciated, thank you.
Replies
Views
Apologies for not attaching photos but many...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It’s fine that rule was scrapped as you...
Replies
Views
D
thanks again pork chop i will go for the 25kw...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Back