external soil pipe breather problem. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss external soil pipe breather problem. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

S600PJF

hi
newbie here.
i am not a plumber but am seeking some advice, my soil pipe breather pipe outlet at roof height and mounted outside is showing some strange signs.
there is a blue streak showing running from top to bottom, the paint is also peeling particularly around the top 6 inches or so.
we have not noticed any strange smells but is it possible for sewer gas to back feed and come out and condense and then run down the outside.
i have checked my drain near the road and the rodding bung is removed this giving access to the sewer and bypassing the water u trap.
i took this out several years ago as the outlook blocks occasionally and the rodding eye gives an overflow relief if this happens.
can i have some opinions please ?
regards
pete

no to streaking, probably from your paint, best to put your rodding eye back, its there to keep rats etc out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for info ref rats.
i see no answer to what this sudden appearance of the bright blue line running down the pipe and the paint peeling off , any one out there seen this before ~?
the outlet to the atmoshere is about 50 feet from the road.
the soil pipe runs into a drain coming from the down stairs toilet.
regards
pete

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

G
Need to remove the boxing could be a bad boss...
Replies
Views
Should have it done in a day. If you’re a bit...
Replies
Views
Contact op via the pm system if you are interested
Replies
Views
Hi Dave Unfortunately you are discovering the...
Replies
Views
the Same position for meter but riser outside...
Replies
Views
Back