Extra high horizontal outlet required on a modern close coupled toilet. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Extra high horizontal outlet required on a modern close coupled toilet. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sullivan

Hi Guys,
I would greatly appreciate somehelp in locating a modern close coupled toilet pan which has a horizontal outletlocated 210mm above the floor to the centre of the outlet – (205mm is theabsolute minimal dimension). Hopefully some of you guys have come across a panwith an unusually high outlet which I can purchase.I purchased a’ Denver’ toiletsuite from The Bathstore and the outlet on this particular pan is 185mm abovethe floor. My plumber installed the waste pipe too high and although I canrotate the Tee towards the horizontal, this causes the toilet cistern and thepan to be pushed more than 50mm off the wall which is unacceptable. (It wouldbe useful if pan connectors were available in increments of 10 degrees between0 and 90 degrees; - 60 degrees would be ideal for my particular predicament!) The ‘Denver’ is a high level panapproximately 475mm high and a similar high level replacement would be ideal aswe are over 6’ tall. I have already cut a wooden pedestal to place beneath the ‘Denver’,but I would prefer to put a pan directly on the floor as I think the pedestaldetracts from the look of an otherwise nice bathroom.Thanks,Regards,John.

I personally don't know of one but if they do exist they are normally expensive.

How did the plumber get it so far out? What was in the way??

Thanks Phil,

There was nothing in the way. He actually got most if the pipes in the wrong position.

Had to remove tiles, hardibacker and ply patress from a shower to move cold supply for electric shower otherwise it would be about 1,8m high.

Had to move cold supplies to both toilets as they were placed directly behind waste pipe tees for the toilets.

Etc,

Some qualified cowboys out there calling themselves plumbers!!!

John.

Is there a reason why you could not use an off set pan connector?

These can change the height up to 40mm.

For that sort of height you may consider looking at a disabled style WC. There are close coupled versions... Not sure on the pan height but the are usually higher than standard model. Try Twyford Doc M. Could be worth a look...

Much as I dislike them I think Steve is right. A short flexi pan connector would do the trick.

Thanks Guys,

I have already purchased the shortest flexi that is currently on the market (30mm of closed concertina section), this creates a bend with too large a radius and pushes the pan much too far off the wall.

I,m not a plumber but I would not be happy using an off-set connector to gain height. This would cause 40mm depth of water to remain in the outlet, retained only by the diaphram of the pan connector which I would not be too happy with in the long term especially if I rent the property. I don't think those off-set connectors are intended to gain height. I personally think there should be a warning on the packaging advising against using them for this purpose.

Looks like I need to start painting my pedestal.

I wasn't saving money, I just picked a bad plumber!!

John.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Use a vitra s20 or S 50 fully enclosed pan...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
W
For me the question is 1) WOuld the old low...
Replies
Views
WHoops
W
F
The collars are usually sealed with lead or...
Replies
Views
Back