Fair price, call out and rad change? | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fair price, call out and rad change? in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Foodface

Got called to an emergency where an old style double panel radiator (the heavy type) had been screwed to a stud wall, over the years it had worked loose of the plaster board screws and all of a sudden just dropped off, turned up customer had pushed some heavy furniture against it to keep it in place. Furniture was removed and pipes promptly burst, I got wet, plugged split pipe (with a pencil and PTFE!!!) and drained down. Just priced up the replacement for them including the two hours of wetness I went through and wondered if you thought this price was reasonable;

1 Single panel Radiator (4083 BTU)
Rad Valves
Pipe work alteration as they had to be capped in the cavity wall (pipe and associated fittings)
x200 inhibitor
4hours labour (including initial getting wet call out)

336.22 Total job price

I've priced it according to how much my materials will cost and to how much I charge per hour, but just wondered what you all thought for the price.

Thank you once again in advance

Foodface

Yeah thought so, but it's hard pricing up sometimes. Especially when its an elderly customer. Got it down to £294 as got a deal on some items and he's happy as larry.

Cheers.

sounds ok to me
leave your ad board out side for a week,and then it vanishes just like mine a couple of weeks ago.tea leafs

At the end of the day it's what your happy with ! £35 on this one could be £10 on next if customer happy then fine if he was-not happy with price then you would-not be doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
  • Question
The toilet waste needs to have a drop always...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No, they are rubbish and generally a right...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Good idea. Whenever I am doing work or more...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Back