fan not working boiler not igniting | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss fan not working boiler not igniting in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ford1

Hello new to this forum so hi to all.
My combi is BIASI GARDA HE M96.28SM/B2 problem first started when putting wicks rapied dose central heating system protector in highist radiator (Attic)
after 2hours noticed lights flashing on combi to say APS fault,turned off
elec switch called out corgi installer man down road he tried few ticks did'nt work. oh by the way when switch elec on and tried boiler just the APS lights come on, fan not working. boiler will not fire up . next day he got new APS switch still the same corgi man give me number of another man who as not got back in touch yet.was told from another man could be PCB or Fan not working. whats getting me is this all started when i put wicks rapid dose protector in radiator anybody any ideas.(thanks)

wll for a start they must be useless fitters
fan and aps can all be checked for correct operation easily and putting in a cleaner cant make a fan or aps fail
get a decent diagnostic engineer and dont pay him unless he diagnoses and fixes the problem

Hello new to this forum so hi to all.
My combi is BIASI GARDA HE M96.28SM/B2 problem first started when putting wicks rapied dose central heating system protector in highist radiator (Attic)
after 2hours noticed lights flashing on combi to say APS fault,turned off
elec switch called out corgi installer man down road he tried few ticks did'nt work. oh by the way when switch elec on and tried boiler just the APS lights come on, fan not working. boiler will not fire up . next day he got new APS switch still the same corgi man give me number of another man who as not got back in touch yet.was told from another man could be PCB or Fan not working. whats getting me is this all started when i put wicks rapid dose protector in radiator anybody any ideas.(thanks)
aps will not do anytuing if the fan doesnt run is there power to the fan?

as you have altered the system water check the pressure gauge on the boiler make sure it is around 1 bar and just for good measure look to see if the boiler has a reset button

The fan has got to run to clear waste gases from the combustion chamber. If it never, the resulting build up of waste gases could cause the boiler to discharge carbon mon oxide.

So the fan must be on before it fires up.

But as everybody has said, there are loads of other things to be checked.

Putting a dose of rapid dose and then refilling system to correct pressures should not bother the boiler.

you have only changed the water pressure in the heating circuit.
as said above, check them and fill as necessary.

No power to fan checked fuses first ok second nothing swapped them still same could it be pcb faulty.

To take guess would say system presure dropped when applying chemical and boiler on,over heated and over heat thermostat activated ,this will cut power to fan to stop operation, find high limit on pipework on heat exchanger and reset
or also a system pressure sensor on boiler, check this curcuit ok
propably one or tuther

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

J
its bleeding old, not efficent, and parts cost...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
C
In a word, no. Needs a gas safe bod.
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
L
What plastic pipe was used? Is it the old non...
Replies
Views
Back