Fan Pressure Test | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fan Pressure Test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
So I did my first full Worcester Greenstar service today.. cleaned out the burner and didn't bother testing the fan pressure to see if it needed it or not.

Mainly being that the mis say to do it with a digital gauge and I don't have one.

Can it not be done with a normal u-gauge?

Surely your gas analyser has a digital gauge built in?

I've no idea.. Anton Evo3. I've never actually checked.

I had a Kane 455 which was nicked from my van and my boss gave me his old Anton so I just use it for ratio and gas leaks.

But can the fan pressure test be done with a normal u-gauge?

if you stripped it down,changed the burner gasket and its fga readings were good,including flue integrity,negative pressure means nothing

if you stripped it down,changed the burner gasket and its fga readings were good,including flue integrity,negative pressure means nothing

They were good and yup, changed burner gasket and electrodes . But just want to know for future reference.

Normal u-gauge won't give you as accurate a figure but you can clearly see if the fan is pulling -1 or -4 mbar. As long as it's above (I think) -2.5 it's good enough..

Normal u-gauge won't give you as accurate a figure but you can clearly see if the fan is pulling -1 or -4 mbar. As long as it's above (I think) -2.5 it's good enough..

Cool. Cheers Masood

Each boiler had a different negative reading, it's listed in the book, -2.5 sounds low for a Worcester on some models so be careful!

Iv got a digital manometer & its perfect for this function.

I think Worcester mis say -3.5 ... I could be wrong. I've actually just got the anton out my van to go through all the features lol didn't know I could do half the stuff I can with this

I prefer a separate digital gauge, can pick them up cheap on eBay probably, mainly because I can then have the analyser in, gauge on gas valve inlet & the gauge on fan test point all in one, espically when it's a small house & on max locks out the boiler fairly quickly so having to use the anylser for both takes more time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice...
Replies
Views
Coil.......................................plus...
Replies
Views
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
If it rises steadily while system heats up to...
Replies
Views
Back