Faulty Phial? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Faulty Phial? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hey guys,

Just after a second oppinion on this one before i visit on monday,

i removed a radiator for a customer last week, upon refilling the system i found that EVERY pin on their trvs was stuck down. thus the boiler couldnt get rid of the heat and was over heating as the rad i removed was the only rad in the house with no trv, effectively the bypass, anyway i managed to pull the pins up and got the heating going nicely (however the boiler did overheat a couple of times before i got it going,

the customer called me today to say that since my visit the pilot light goes out at the end of the heating cycle which he has programmed in his timer, the boiler is an old one with manual pilot light. im wondering if the over heat phial has become damaged from when i was trying to figure out why the heat wasnt going anywhere and so now it breaks the electrical connection between thermocouple and gas valve. it just seems weird how it works perfectly until the timer knocks the heating off and then the pilot goes out every time.

whats your take on this one guys?

Poss 2 port is faulty and causing boiler to over heat

if its going to ovrerheat when it switches of it sounds as if the pump over run isnt opperating causing heat to build up thats just a guess which boiler is it ?is it wired right?

if its going to ovrerheat when it switches of it sounds as if the pump over run isnt opperating causing heat to build up thats just a guess which boiler is it ?is it wired right?

I was thinking its a cast hex since it has pp

Yeah it'd a wall Hung cast type. No idea what make it is. It's heating only S they have a multipoint water heater upstairs rather than a cylinder. Wiring looked ok when I was there and I didn't change anything just seems odd

Could just be faulty ot. Not abnormal.

all sorted fellas. turns out that on closer inspection. the boiler hadnt been serviced for at least 6 years +. when it boiled up the forst time it had loosened a load of crud off the heat exchanger and the dust fell down like snow and partially blocked the pilot light so the pilot stayed lit from the heat of the main burner keeping the thermocouple hot enough but as soon as the main burner went out the pilot light was just weak enough to lick the thermocouple every few seconds but after ten mins the tc cooled down just enough to shut off the pilot, a good ole boiler service and all was right as rain. sorted this out on monday morning and so far its been working "better than before and its alot quieter than normal" (cant think why lol)

I'm glad you sorted it and posted what the problem was.

Funny how the problem supposedly always starts when you touched it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
You could try greasing the spindle of the gas...
Replies
Views
I would agree, but only if the high stat were...
Replies
Views
If it rises steadily while system heats up to...
Replies
Views
Hi Thanks for posting on the forum...
Replies
Views
Back